The Toronto Thoroughbred Racing Club (TTRC) was formed in 1961. The purpose of our Club is to promote the exciting sport of Thoroughbred Racing in North America as well as to educate our members and racing fans about the sport. Through regular monthly meetings plus special events organized during the Woodbine racing season, our members get to meet jockeys, owners, trainers, backstretch employees and other personalities involved in thoroughbred racing. Each year, a special bus trip is made to an American race track for several days of thoroughbred racing, some shopping at malls plus some city touring and nightly dining around town. We also make annual day visits to the Fort Erie Race Track where Award Presentations are made to the top Money Winning Owner and Winning jockey of the previous year.
Our Club’s prestigious event is “Awards Day” which is an annual event involving the “Stars of Racing”. In this event our Club acknowledges their excellence and significant contributions in a number of selected categories. This event is held annually at beautiful Woodbine Race Track that includes live TV coverage of the presentations. The event is catered by the excellent hospitality staff at Woodbine Entertainment Group whose generous support of our Club’s activities over the years has been superb.
Read our monthly Hoof Prints publication to learn more about our Club’s activities. We can assure you that your membership in our Club will be “both rewarding and exciting”.
2015 — PRESIDENT & DIRECTORS
- President - Sam Lima
- Executive Vice-President - Website Consultant/Video Co-ordinator/Awards Day: Patrick de Caires
- Director - Treasurer/Head Table/Handicapper: Anthony Ceccanese
- Director - 'Hoof Prints' Editor and Photographer: Rebecca Mottin
- Director - Head Table Advisor/Historian: Don Burton
- Director - Correspondence and Membership Secretary: Carolyn Filice
- Director - Chairperson, Social Committee: Frances Lima
- Director - Trip Coordinator: Joe Saso
- Director - Meeting Host: Roy Palma
- Director - Membership: Paula Palma
- Director - Media and Public Relations: Pat Gonsalves